Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 7: #17 Technology

Technology turned against us. Sure, we use it every day and we take it for granted. It makes our jobs easier and our customers happy. But what happens when there's an electrical outage. We go into a panic and we start to question our own ability to proceed without that tool that we use everyday. Its hard to function without it. I remember, when I was young, I used to help my dad work on my car. My dad was a shade tree machanic. He didn't need those high tech machines to tell him what was wrong with the car. He seemed to know what was wrong with it. Now everything is so technical and electrical that you need some kind of diploma to know what you are doing. Well, my dad is gone now. But if he were here, he would fix it without all that expensive technology.

1 comment:

RED PORSCHE 959 said...

I like your comments about technology. It sure can be a drag - like when Horizon went down. It's not always good to throw out the baby with the bath water. Technology does have its good points. But like you said, when something happens we seem to go into a panic and forget the old-fashioned good old ways.